Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Cosmo's Dream - First Day - Steve says . . .

It's Tuesday.  I only know that because we were going to leave on our tour to the Midwest on Tuesday and we have left.  As Gen's song "Plastic Heart" says, we are "On the road!".  We have been anticipating the worst in weather, and whaddayaknow?  The day was like a day in late March.  There were the remains of recent snowstorms on the pass, but the roads were bare and dry.

We got out of bed ridiculously early this morning . . . 4:45am.  Kristi's first words were something like, "I thought you set the alarm for 5?"  It turned out that we really did need the extra time if our scheduling had been accurate in the first place.  What it turned out to be was that I had time for a nap at the B&B before we went to our gig.  On the other hand I think I really needed the nap and would not have if we had gotten out of bed at our usual 8am.

We listened to a Willie Nelson memoir on our way over.  I've got to say I don't envy him a bit after listening to him talk about his early days.  It's not that he had such a horrific time,
but just the same I don't envy his early years being a starving musician.  I usually am in touch with the reality that most people wouldn't change places with Kristi and me either, so I guess that it's in the perception of one's life.  I'm sure he had a lot of fun.  I know we have enjoyed life a lot in spite of our material challenges.

It was genuinely great fun singing with Kristi and Gen today.  I'm really looking forward to the rest of these days on the road.  Tomorrow we have two gigs in Spokane and then it's off to Missoula, and then Norris Hot Springs.  It's bound to be a great week.

Gen is the guy with the smart phone.  Kristi has a semi-smart phone and I have a stupid phone which will run for two weeks without recharging the battery.  The smart phone records the journey in digital pics and video.  Gen needs a selfie stick though.  He does have pretty long arms though, and did get a selfie at our gig.  Look at the blog and see his pics.  You can also see them on the Cosmo's Dream Facebook page which you should like if you haven't already.  Stand by for more blog as we head for Montana.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Steve and Kristi, and happy trails to you all!
    Will you all be stopping in Ferguson to see what's going on there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. I look forward to hearing more. It's story time!

    ReplyDelete